This is a pilot operated, spool-type proportional pressure reducing/relieving valve. It is a drop-in, flange mounted cartridge type valve for use with mineral based or synthetic (with lubricating properties) hydraulic fluids. Back pressure at port 4 becomes additive to the pressure setting at a 1:1 ratio. The coil is an integral part of the valve and is not serviceable. The regulated pressure is proportional to the input electric current in the pressure range shown below.
Without applied current, the TS98-31 allows flow from 3 to 4 while blocking 2. When the coil is energized, 3 is connected to 2, and pressure at 3 is controlled proportional to the amount of current applied to the coil. If pressure at 3 exceeds the setting induced by the coil, pressure is relieved to 4. Back pressure on port 4 becomes additive to the pressure setting at a 1:1 ratio. Note: consult factory for special OEM variations of this product.
- 12 and 24 volt coils standard.
- Economical drop-in style.
- Optional lock-down flange
- Several push-on termination options.
- Optional 233 micron mesh screen.
- Integral waterproof coil standard.
- Newer G3 products have better pull-in/drop-out performance, lower current draw, and improved hysteresis.
- G3 products install into a new cavity, however an adapted mounting plate is available for use with the T cavity.
- For new applications consider using TS90-G34