It takes a lot of energy and muscle to fell trees, remove branches, load logs, and saw them into lumber. But mechanized timber harvesting equipment makes light work of these tasks with the strength and control of hydraulic fluid power. Compact cartridge valves can control multiple functions of a single machine for felling, branch removal, and trimming. Electronic controls can automate repetitive or sequential motions. And forest locations can be remote, so greater use of telematics for troubleshooting is on the horizon.
PROVIDING SOLUTIONS TO THE FORESTRY EQUIPMENT INDUSTRY SINCE 1985
IOT Fleet Management for Forestry
HydraForce Internet of Things (IOT) fleet management technology improves foresters’ ability to schedule maintenance and helps avoid breakdowns on heavy cutting, bunching, and loading equipment. It can also perform diagnostics, track usage, log location, adjust settings, and update software on the machinery. It’s a direct connection to the central or home office that helps improve asset reliability and utilization.
HydraForce understands the demands forestry places on harvesting equipment. Our IOT fleet management technology helps prevent breakdowns at inopportune times, improves reliability, and even extends equipment life.
- Monitoring and logging of key operating characteristics (cycles, hours, temperatures, pressures, vibration, etc.)
- Reporting of key performance indicators
- Remote adjustment of on-board settings (maximum permitted speeds, loads, etc.)
- Updating of onboard software
- Reducing the risk of breakdown and preventing unnecessary maintenance
Delimbers / Saws
Burst controls | Pressure controls | Cutting controls